Reopening business premises after COVID-19
It is possible that your existing risk assessment may not cover the risks presented by Covid-19.
Business owners and employers may wish to develop a specific ’Reoccupation Risk Assessment’ that forms part of their reopening planning.
Owners of businesses and employers have a legal responsibility to protect workers and others from risk to their health and safety. This now includes thinking about the risks from COVID-19 and do everything reasonably practicable to minimise them.
It is acknowledged that as business prepare for reopening we cannot completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19.
By taking reasonable and practicable steps identified by a COVID-19 Risk Assessment business owners and employers can demonstrate due diligence and compliance with their legal responsibilities.
A Covid-19 Risk Assessment carried out by Fire Risk Design Co covers the following topics.
- planning for reoccupation.
- travelling to and from the workplace (including arrival and departure)
- design of workplace and layout (for Covid-19)
- workplace equipment (restart and maintenance)
- security and deliveries (including visitors)
- fire detection and alarm systems (evacuation arrangements)
- support measures for employees
If you think your business may benefit from having a COVID-19 RISK ASSESSMENT please contact us.
Email your enquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org